And Another Kwik Sew Tank

Pattern Review: Kwik Sew 3844

I know that I have blogged and sewn this pattern 3 times, but it's such a good way to use up fabric remnants. Plus I love this pattern!

Seeing as I have mentioned all there is to know about this pattern here and here I will keep this post short and sweet.


The leopard print jersey was again purchased from Brixton during a sewing group fabric shop outing. This time from Simply Fabrics, priced at £2 per metre. As per my previous tank, I french seamed this bad boy for a neater finish on the inside. 


As you can see the back is cut out in a contrast black jersey. This was a malfunction on my part. I am actually using the leopard print fabric to make a skirt as part of a sewing group sew-a-long. However, after I cut everything out I realised I had only cut two yoke panels instead of four. So I sacrificed the back of the tank for the yoke panels and re-cut it using some black jersey from my stash. I think that it worked out even better and I'm chuffed with the result. 


This top is good one that I can dress up and down, so I am sure that I will get a lot of wear out of it. And seriously people, this tank is so comfortable it's unreal! I could easily live in them.

You can check out my Pattern Review here.

My next post will undoubtedly be a leopard print edition of Vogue 8711. I was hoping to finish it before my work trip, but I ran out of elastic. It's another tried and tested pattern. And who doesn't want more than one bootylicious skirt in their wardrobe?

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. I have so many (probably more than I should admit) tanks with contrast like this. Love them! Love the tank!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really smitten with the back being a different fabric than the front. I think it looks really wonderful. And such a brilliant way of using up stash fabric! I feel really inspired now, that's what I want to do too!
    I'm in the process of making a second bias-cut top (V1 is my white wavy top), but I'm such an idiot: I went for the colour and didn't even realise this is slippery satin until I got it home and started to sew with it! How could I do that? And I've even got it in purple too! Oh dear, oh dear...
    I am wondering what remnants in my stash I can give this two fabric front/back treatment. The possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your photo - and before I read your post - I thought to myself how much I liked your choice of using a solid back with a printed front. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top