January Garment of the Month

Pattern Review: Butterick 5454

This months theme was to try something new. I totally went against this and sewed up another wrap dress.  And no, your eyes are not deceiving you, I am indeed wearing a dress with sleeves! When I sewed up this version here one of my colleagues at work mentioned that it would look nice with sleeves, so I decided to give it a try. 



This ITY knit from my stash was purchased back in June at Vogue Fabrics in Chicago. It was on sale for $2.99 per yard. It sewed up beautifully. I cut a 14 and made no changes except to add in a bit more boob coverage in the bodice. I am wearing a black strap top under this, but mostly for warmth as it has been pretty cold here in London. 


I don't have too much else to say except that I LOVE this version. Who knows, maybe 2015 will be the year I sew up lots of sleeved dresses. 

You can see my pattern review here. 

I am still deciding what to sew for February. I have so many fabrics from my recent holiday that I feel overwhelmed by so many options!

Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by their fabric stash at the moment?

Happy sewing!

Comments

  1. Your dress turned out great. I love your fabric selection and the sleeves look perfect. I have been feeling overwhelmed with my stash for about a year now. Slowly but surely I am making a dent in it though. It just takes time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that it is not just me. I cut out a couple more items today hoping to reduce my stash...

      Delete
  2. You'd dress is absolutely lovely! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! I love it with sleeves. Great job. You look gorgeous in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I think that I may be a sleeve convert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress. The pattern and colour is so great, and it is beautifully in proportion. Great shape on you! And the sleeves are very obviously wonderful - it is such a nice dress!

    I am trying to develop a perfectly fitting tunic/mini dress pattern so I can make inroads into my massive stash by sewing several versions in different colours. I can't decide if I should go for a back zip or make it looser to pull on over my head - but that would be very different styles and I better focus on just the one thing for now. Always time for the second idea later.

    Which one though, which one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is a success! Yes, like you the stash causes confusion. I figure it will take me a couple of years to work through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top