First Summer Dress of the Season

Pattern Review: New Look 6263


I don't seem to be doing very well on the blogging front as here is a dress that I finished at the beginning of April. This is a wearable muslin for New Look 6263. 

This pattern came into my life during a fabric/pattern swap with my sewing group. To be honest it isn't one that I would usually choose, but one of my good friends made it and it looked great and I also knew that it would be a nice dress to show off the drape and print of a fabric.


I cut a size 14 straight out of the envelope. For some reason I found sewing the collar a bit fiddly although there is nothing in the construction details that make it challenging. This dress is very tent like in shape so I only ever wear it belted. Therefore, if I were to make this again I would almost certainly make a swayback adjustment (you can see the excess fabric in the back). As this was a wearable muslin I didn't line it, but I did french seam the insides for a neater finish.


The fabric is  a polyester print picked up from a new fabric shop on Holloway Road for £4 per metre. I can't remember what they are called, but over the last year two or so fabric shops have popped up there so worth checking out if you are ever in the area. 


All in all this was a quick project and although I don't feel 100% about the fit I always receive lots of compliments when I wear it. I am in no hurry to make this again, but I am glad that it is in my wardrobe. It works well with tights and boots which makes it a nice little transitional item.

You can see my Pattern Review here,

How is everyone's Summer sewing coming along?

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. You are right, it does show off the fabric and the belt picks up one of the brighter colours to give it some extra punch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top