Pattern Review - Simplicity 2690

Simplicity 2690


After needing a quick fix, I decided to go with an easy top that I could whip up in a few hours.
Obviously, this didn't go exactly to plan...




For some ridiculous reason I read the reviews on Pattern Review after I cut out the top, and a couple of people mentioned that the front bodice is cut a little small if you are larger than a C cup in the bust. I ummed and ahhed for a while and then decided to re-cut the front bodice and modesty panel adding 2". To make the pattern fit I graded the bodice pieces from the same length as the back bodice at the sides. So the shape of the empire line seam is more of a W than an upside down V.


On the plus side - the fit is perfect. I guess that the only change that I would make would be to possibly make the sleeve depth shorter as it is quite deep and there is a slight risk of it not being bra friendly. I was worried that the empire line elastic and gathering would bulk at the tummy, but it's fine.


And I would definitely make this again. This is a great addition to my wardrobe, especially as I am always whinging that I don't have enough nice tops. I would happily make the length longer and have it as a dress.


Despite the changes this was a quick and satisfying sew and I would recommend this - it would also be suitable for beginners, and for those who haven't worked with jersey/stretch knits before.

My review on Pattern Review can be seen here. 

Next on the sewing table is New Look 6933, which you may have already seen - but to carry on with my current theme, I will alter it to be a top. I have already started underlining it and hoping that I will finish it for my birthday in the New Year.

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. You can never have enough tops, and this one is lovely on you. Looking forward to seeing your birthday top...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I found your blog through PatternReview :) and it's fun to see this pattern sewn in different ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

February Garment of the Month