Pattern Review - Vogue 1189

Pattern Review - Vogue 1189
Yay! I have finally finished this dress. After much blood sweat and tears over the plait it finally all came together.  If anyone has read these reviews, you will know that doing the plait is a mission, and extremely time consuming.

However, this dress has hardly any reviews on Pattern Review, which I am really surprised about - as soon as this pattern came out a couple of years ago I picked it up asap and knew instantly that I wanted to make it with black jersey. I picked up this black jersey from Simply Fabrics for £2/metre. It has a lovely sheen on the right side, and is really easy to work with.

Sorry - Southbank Centre doesn't have the best light

I love the pockets on this dress! This is the first time I have made pockets where it is topstitched to the skirt front. I think that it works really well. It also makes the dress amazingly comfortable.
The only things that I changed were to omit the topstitching on the elastic on the cuffs. I don't think that I set the sleeves as well as I could, which means that they sit quite low on the shoulder, but on the plus side it makes the sleeves look full length rather than 3 quarter length, which I actually like.
I paired this with some heels for a Christmas party on Friday and I think it worked really well. I love that I it falls under the smart casual category, so I can wear it out it the day, night and also to work.

All in all, despite the lengthiness of this project I this is a great addition to my wardrobe. I initially thought that when I finished this I would be so sick of it that I wouldn't want to wear it. I am happy that this is not the case.

You can see the review on Pattern Review here.

However, I do think that leading up to Christmas, I will definitely be doing some instant gratification projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top