Me-Made-May'14 Round-up

I really enjoyed Me Made May. I achieved my goal of wearing 4 items per week (except for week 1 because it was so short). Here is a summary of my handmade items worn during the month.

I have provided links back to the original blog post, and have listed them clockwise.

Week 1



Week 2



Week 3



Week 4


Mimi G 30 Min Pencil Skirt (not yet blogged), Simplicity 1884, Butterick 5744, Self-drafted dress (pre-blogging days)

Week 5



Summary:
I didn't find the challenge hard at all. I did have to think a little about what I would wear each week so that I fulfilled my aim of 4 handmade items, but I had plenty of handmade garments in my wardrobe to choose from which came as a surprise. I hadn't really assessed how many items in my wardrobe are handmade, so it felt nice that it was more than I thought!

May had a mix of weather so it was great to be able to wear a mix of summer and autumn clothes. The only thing that I would like to make more of is knitwear. I always pop a cardigan over my outfits as a layering piece and it would be fab to have more to choose from. Good knitwear fabric (that isn't a jersey or a ponte knit) is hard to come by in London, but I will keep an eye out for it. 

Overall Me May Made was a success, and I am looking forward to participating in it again next year. Maybe I will be able to go the whole hog!?

How was your Me Made May? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top