September Garment of the Month

Pattern Review: Vogue 8667 Mashup


Despite it being Monday and being in the midst of a headcold, the plus side of today was that I wore my new dress for the first time. For this dress I used the bodice of Vogue 8667 and added my amended skirt from Butterick 4443.


I have made Vogue 8667 twice before (here and here) and I absolutely adore the cute collar on this pattern. It really adds a bit of interest to what is quite a simple dress. For this iteration I knew I wanted to have a fuller skirt but wanted something more casual than the pleated version that comes with the original pattern. Butterick 4443 fitted the bill perfectly. 


The fabric is a printed ponte knit picked up from Le Coupon in Paris from my holiday last summer. The fabric cost €10 for three metres which is such a bargain. It's lovely and soft and especially today (not feeling 100%) it was great to feel as though I was sat in work wearing pajamas. I have a suspicion it might pill pretty soon but I still plan to get a good amount of wear out of this bad boy this Autumn/Winter. 


As I was sewing this in a knit fabric I went down a size and cut a 12 out all over. I still had to do my usual alterations - to pinch out fabric underneath the bust and lengthen the front bust pieces to make up for my lack of full bust adjustment. 


This was a really satisfying and quick make and I definitely know that this pattern hack will rear its head again! 

You can see my Pattern Review here. 

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. Very pretty! I love the fabric. I agree the collar adds interest to the dress...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on your beautiful dress! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely print, very winter dark floral. I am not surprised that you like the collar as it is very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute dress on you. I like the fabric and the fit! And it's versatile enough that you can wear it all seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top