Wool Cowl Neck Dress

Pattern Review: Vogue 8667

Behold another TNT pattern - Vogue 8667. I cut this dress out back in November 2017 but didn't get round to finishing it until January 2018, during some time off between starting my new job. 

This is the 4th time I have made this dress! I have always known that I would like to add a wool version to my work wardrobe. The fabric is a wool polyester blend purchased from Classic Textiles on Goldhawk Road, priced at £8 per metre. It has been in my stash for at least two and a half years. It was easy to sew with and I still have a decent sized remnant leftover :-)


I don't have too much to add to my previous reviews. I cut a size 14 for the bodice and used my self drafted A-line skirt instead of the pleated version and I fully lined the dress with some black lining from my stash. I was glad to get this dress finished and off my dressmakers dummy. 

This dress is perfect for the colder weather that we are still experiencing here in London. It will be perfect with winter tights, boots and cardigan - despite the indoor picture below!


I have one more TNT pattern review to share this month and then I promise I will be sewing something new! It has been great filling some gaps in my wardrobe with TNT patterns, but I am excited to try out some different patterns and use up some new additions to my fabric stash. 

You can see my Pattern Review here

Happy sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top